Re: apt-utils

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 10:09:10PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> So believe it or not, it does work for most of us. If you can get a log of
> that with DEBCONF_DEBUG set, I would of course like to see it.

I'll likely be doing at least one fresh install within the next 2-3 weeks.
How would I best capture a log of the useful portion of the install so that I
don't have to send you debug information on the full set of base packages?
Also, the log I sent you yesterday was obtained by simply cutting and pasting
from a terminal window; I suspect that the curses-based screen from the first
time debconf asks how it should operate would interfere with this method.  Is
there a better way to capture that?

> Any others? (And don't cite console-data, or cvs. Both have historically
> had the same breakage in stable.)

No others come to mind.  Thanks for looking at this.

--
That's not gibberish...  It's Linux. - Byers, The Lone Gunmen
Geek Code 3.12:  GCS d? s+: a C++ UL++++$ P++>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+