Re: Upgrading to Testing

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 11:11:50AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> CaT <cat@zip.com.au> wrote:
> >On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 12:25:01AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> >> sawfish is more or less waiting on two things: gnome-libs, and
> >
> >Erm. Why does it need to? gnome-libs is an option and not a need for it. I've
> >gotten it working fine without it and I'd really rather not need gnome
> >to run sawfish.
> >
> >Will there be a gnome-free sawfish?
>
> There is: the sawfish package itself doesn't need gnome-libs. However,
> the source package that generates sawfish also generates sawfish-gnome
> (see 'apt-cache showsrc sawfish'), and so both of them have to go in
> together.

Aha! Right. For a second I thought something tragic had happened. :)

Would be nice to be able to tell apt/dpkg what parts of a source package
NOT to compile (this doesn't relate directly to this but it'd be nice
not to have to waste ones time compiling stuff one doesn't need...)

--
CaT (cat@zip.com.au)		*** Jenna has joined the channel.
				<cat> speaking of mental giants..