Re: Strange problem with Plextor IDE-Drive W121032A

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 02:38:02PM -0400, Alexander Stavitsky wrote:
> I had a problem with Plextor drive a while ago.
> Your problem sounds vaguely familiar.
> Try switching DMA off for the plextor drive.
> In my case that was the solution.

Hello Alexander,

when would I have to do that? The SCSI emulation is started early,
as I pass
hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi
to the kernel. Afterwars its not possible to adjust DMA for the
drive via hdparm. I even think the drive can't handle DMA, it can
only do PIO?
How did you do it? What mechanism did you use?

Regards,
Alex
--
Alex Suzuki | asuzuki@NOSPAMbluewin.ch | http://www.cynox.ch
To send me an email, remove NOSPAM from the above address