Re: ugh. more lilo probs

Hi,

> I didn't have much luck with lilo on my system either, but grub has
> worked beautifully for me.  Its configuration is really simple, though
> you will have to edit the /boot/grub/menu.lst file yourself.

The (or A, or The Main) problem is that it -seems- there is still a chunk
of LILO, or something that refers to it, on my system somewhere -- because
even after removing the lilo pkg, running dpkg --purge on it, and installing
grub, I still get a vertical line of

LI

running all the way down the left hand side of a black screen upon reboot.
And as the bottom one is flickering, I can only assume that this "LI" is
being spit out ad infinitum.

Why this happens and where it is coming from (where could an "LI" be
coming from if not from some remnant of the package?) is a total mystery.

> > I suppose the boot floppy you have is working since you were able to
> boot to adjust the config?  Always using a floppy is one alternative
> (though not a particularly nice one).

Right now I'm using a CD. I don't like having to do this, especially when
I have no clue why I should have to. It's frustrating.

Glenn

http://www.burningclown.com
"Everyone's Portal to Nothing At All"