Re: How can I change the menu in the Gnome panel?

Preben Randhol <randhol@pvv.org> writes:
PR> I installed Ximian and that had a short menu in the panel. Now I
PR> upgraded to the Debian Gnome pacakges and that has a terribly long menu.
PR> I mean first it is the Foot with Programs then Favourite Settings and
PR> Desktop. That takes almost half my panel width. I want to remove
PR> Favourites and combind Setting and Desktop to one menu. The problem is
PR> that one cannot go this with gmenu so I wonder which file can on edit?

Right-click on the foot, then select "Properties".  Confusingly,
there's a similiar "Global menu" pane in the "Panel" control center
applet ("Menu" tab); this appears to control the menu you get when you
right-click on an otherwise unoccupioed section of the panel.

	-- Abra Mitchell