Re: x goes blank

I`m using the original kernel from the Debian site (udma66).

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jordi S. Bunster" <jsb@nautilus.com.br>
To: "Rafael Sasaki" <sasaki@solar.com.br>
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2001 3:23 PM
Subject: Re: x goes blank

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 12:17:09PM -0300, Rafael Sasaki wrote:
> I could install my mouse using gpm, but when i tried to start the x system
> (startx) i got some errors and the screen went blank. Now, every time i
try
> to boot my Linux the screen goes blank. I can not use it. How can i fix
it?

I recall to have seen in the Linux kernel help documents, that setting
the screen blanking option by APM within the kernel and using gpm
could cause errors like this one on certain BIOSes.

Of course, the problem may be something else. But, just to be sure
... did you recompile your kernel, or are you running the kernel
supplied with Debian?