Re: x goes blank

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 12:17:09PM -0300, Rafael Sasaki wrote:
> I could install my mouse using gpm, but when i tried to start the x system
> (startx) i got some errors and the screen went blank. Now, every time i try
> to boot my Linux the screen goes blank. I can not use it. How can i fix it?

People seem to have varying success with running gpm and X at the same
time with this last release.  There are several people who have got it
to work.  A quick search of the list archives should net you the
possibilities.

For a quick fix -
switch to console ctl+alt+F2
login and su to root and run
# /etc/init.d/gpm stop

You should be able to start X fine from there.
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted