dpkg stopping with an error

Hello, I'm trying to compile Firestarter 0.7.1 on a Debian (unstable) system. After I got most of the dependencies correctly, I still needed one package to be installed, which is libgnomeprint11

Everytime I try to install this package, dpkg returns this:

Setting up libgnomeprint11 (0.25-ximian.6) ...
dpkg: error processing libgnomeprint11 (--configure):

I don't know much on how dpkg works so right now I'm stumped (especially since this package is needed by many others !).

What can I do to correct the situation ?

Please : don't come up with "don't use Ximian" or "switch to Debian/stable" .. I want to keep my environment as it is; if I have to modify some scripts into the package so be it, I'll do it, but I don't want any solutions that make me "rollback" my environment :)

Thanks to everyone :)

Jeff