Re: I've been getting scanned...

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 12:15:12AM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> It's just a constant frustration for me that to use the (most
> excellent) apt/dpkg system, I have to stay two years out of date.

Why? Pull the debianised source from testing/unstable and build a deb from
it against your system. Just be warned that any code more recent than that
which is in potato might not be stable.

> > There's no reason why it *shouldn't* install in potato (and slink, and...),
> > except the maintainers.

Actually, the release manager. Who is doing what he's supposed to do, ie: not
allow any non-essential updates to stable.

--
Andrew Suffield <asuffield@users.sourceforge.net>
Dept. of Computing, Imperial College, London, UK