Re: Newbie: where did my tar.gz file decompress to?

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 10:49:07AM -0700, Abner Gershon wrote:
> Thanks for your replies. I found the files
> /usr/local/NVIDIA. I untarred them in /usr/local. No I
> don't know why "make install" won't work.

Did you change to the root user before attempting the make install.
If not you should. Otherwise post (the last part of) the output of make
install so we can have a look at it.

--
	Casper Gielen
casper@huiscomputer.homeip.net, capslock2000@mailandnews.com