Bash history problem/question

Hello,....

System: "Debian 2.2.18pre21" - "486dx"
Bash version: "2.03-6"

Background: Recently I have written a shell-script that is supposed to
append every minute new history lines to a alternate file where they
are being processed further.

Problem: The command `history -a file` can't be executed from the
shell-script it only executes when entered from the command line
"interactively".

Question: Can it be that I need to create a separate shell for this
script in this script or something like that so that `history -a file` can
be executed from the script?
Or should I solve it in another way??

Any pointers, hints, solutions or information would be great..

Regards....

Jeroen.

--
		#	(:-  -:)  	| J.Reynders 		 #