Re: 2.2 to 2.4

Do you still have the config file that you used for your 2.2 kernel? If so put it in the 2.4 source tree named .config and run make oldconfig. That will make sure that you have all of the same config settings that you had before and either confirm that is is a configuration problem or prove that it is not.