hde timeout waiting for DMA ... HELP!!

Hi everyone,

	I think there is numerous posting on this subject, but I don't really know
what is going on. Anyway, I have a Promise ATA100 on P3V4X.  When I tried to
install 2.2 from scratch and doing a dpkg installation. hde timeout waiting
for DMA errow showed up.  I am using Maxtor 91024U4 hd ATA66. It doesn't
seem to produce any weird sound. Anyone has any suggestion for what I should
do? buy a know hd?

	Also can CR-4028TE use 80 pin cable with no problem? thanx everyone... I
need your help..

Edwin Lau