Re: About PGP signatures

>>>>> On 24 May 2001 14:57:12 +0400, Ilya Martynov <m_ilya@agava.com> said:

Ilya> I thoght that Gnus itself doesn't support PGP at all. It needs
Ilya> Mailcrypt for PGP. And mailcrypt seems to support only embeded
Ilya> sigs. Or am I wrong?

You're wrong. 8^)=

The version of Gnus in CVS (Oort Gnus) comes with a file called
gpg.el, which adds the ability to sign, verify, encrypt and decrypt
mail (and I guess news, tho I never checked) in the MIME-attached
format.

I was using it for a bit, then I fell back to 5.8.8 when I ran out of
time to keep up to date on the development. I don't know if gpg.el
will work with the current release version of Gnus, but it may be
worth a look.

john.