Re: Need a file - /etc/network/interfaces

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 11:19:16AM -0700, Scott Fraser wrote:
> Afternoon All,
>
> Could someone please email me a copy of the above file that is setup to
> use eth0?
>
> I forgot to email myself a copy of one from home for a box I am setting
> up today.
>
> Cheers and Thanx in advance,
> Scott

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
# automatically added when upgrading
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian
installation# (network, broadcast and gateway are optional)
# automatically added when upgrading
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
	address 192.168.1.2
	netmask 255.255.255.0
	network 192.168.1.0
	broadcast 192.168.1.255
	gateway 192.168.1.1

--
Alex Suzuki | asuzuki@NOSPAMbluewin.ch | http://www.cynox.ch
To send me an email, remove NOSPAM from the above address