Re: Unkillable process

IIRC this is a know issue with kernel 2.4.3.
D process can't be killed : D mean UNinterruptible sleep and kill send a
signal which wake-up target process if they are in an interruptible state..

Upgrade to 2.4.4 even if there is some drawbacks with it (there's a fork
issue), or wait for 2.4.5 which should be better.

Christophe

--
Christophe Barbé
Software Engineer - christophe.barbe@lineo.fr