Re: Problems installing postfix

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 09:21:10PM -0700, jennyw wrote:
> Does the default installation of postfix work out of the box?  I tried apt-get install postfix and then apt-get install mutt. I run mutt and it says:
>
> /var/spool/mail/user: No such file or directory (errno = 2)

This is a mutt thing.
Create a file in /var/spool/mail/ with your user name.  Here are the
permissions mine has -
scab:/var/spool/mail# ll kent
-rw-rw----    1 kent     mail            0 May 22 22:01 kent

> Is this normal? I tried installing exim and sendmail instead, but the same thing results. Do I have to do something special to get the spool files created? Do I have to do something special to get the postfix (or whatever) to write to the spool files?

Setting up postfix, exim, sendmail really depends on your needs.  I
found the following links helpful in setting up postfix -
http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/howto/RH-postfix-HOWTO/book1.html
http://postfix.linux.it/start.html
kent

--