Re: Kernel Modules

John Tatum wrote:

> Just call me Mr. Newbie.  This is my first Debian box and I have reached
> the limits of my current knowledge.
>
> I am looking for info on how to configure kernel modules.  I presume
> there is a howto somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

Look in /lib/modules/<kernel-version> for the modules.

Check out the programs modprobe, insmod, lsmod, and rmmod.

You can load modules and then try them out. Once you get ones to work,
you can add them to /etc/modules so they will load on boot.

Knowing what hardware you have so you can find the right module to load
makes this much easier.

Hope this helps,
Eric