Re: Missing gnumeric dependency?

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 17:13:33 -0500, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> unable to open module file: /usr/lib/gnumeric/plugins/0.47/libgnum_python.so:
> undefined symbol:  _Py_NoneStruct

Hmm... 0.47 is quite old; I'd recommend against using it for anything
serious.

> This is on a not-quite-pure potato system (not-quite-pure because the
> previous sysadmin had a source line for proposed-updates) on the Alpha
> architecture.
>
> What package would include the library containing _Py_NoneStruct?

On my unstable i386 system, it's in python-base:

odin jdassen 17:53 /usr/lib > nm --defined-only --dynamic
libpython1.5.so.0.0 | grep Py_NoneStruct
0006206c D _Py_NoneStruct
odin jdassen 17:53 /usr/lib > dpkg -S /usr/lib/libpython1.5.so.0.0
python-base: /usr/lib/libpython1.5.so.0.0

> Would I be OK to just delete libgnum_python.so

Yes, it's just a plugin.

> - and, if I did, would dpkg just put it back when the next revision of
> gnumeric gets installed?

Indeed.

> What other options are there for getting that error to go away?

Configure gnumeric not to load all plugins by default.

HTH,
Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.