Symoops

Hi,

My server is always down in about every week. I haven't found what is
the cause of the system shutdown. I suspect that the error is generated
by Netfilter; I don't know for sure, though. Some of the content (the
last part) of /var/log/ksymoops/*.ksysms is in the following:

c01afa40 register_qdisc
c01afac4 unregister_qdisc
c01afbdc qdisc_get_rtab
c01afc84 qdisc_put_rtab
c01b06d0 qdisc_copy_stats
c01b1438 qdisc_new_estimator
c01b1578 qdisc_kill_estimator
c01b22b4 tcf_police
c01b2098 tcf_police_locate
c01b2010 tcf_police_destroy
c01b23f0 tcf_police_dump
c01b1678 register_tcf_proto_ops
c01b16c8 unregister_tcf_proto_ops
c01ae3f0 nf_register_hook
c01ae448 nf_unregister_hook
c01ae464 nf_register_sockopt
c01ae550 nf_unregister_sockopt
c01aea48 nf_reinject
c01ae78c nf_register_queue_handler
c01ae7cc nf_unregister_queue_handler
c01ae914 nf_hook_slow
c026e3c0 nf_hooks
c01ae6b8 nf_setsockopt
c01ae6e0 nf_getsockopt
c026eca0 ip_ct_attach
c01a9d38 register_gifconf
c01a9b0c net_call_rx_atomic
c02466e0 softnet_data
c01e3e74 memparse
c01e3de0 get_option
c01e3e2c get_options
c01e3ec0 rwsem_down_read_failed
c01e3fd8 rwsem_down_write_failed
c01e40f8 rwsem_wake

The failure it seems, is on "rwsem". What is that? In the middle of the
log, it has "panic" too.

When iptables is started, I always have this:
CBQ: class 0001024e has bad quantum==0, repaired.
CBQ: class 0001024e has bad quantum==0, repaired.
CBQ: class 0001024f has bad quantum==0, repaired.
Might this be the cause of the system error? It says: "repaired." So I
think that there should be no problem. But thing is, the crashes are
periodical. There is another machine in my workplace that have about the
same load with this one, but it recently it stayed up until 44 days
without problem (the only thing that made it had to be rebooted was that
I sent out 250 messages using mail -- done via a Perl loop -- which
caused the system to ran out of memory).

BTW, I use stable Debian on kernel 2.4.4 and Netfilter (iptables) 1.1.2.

I'd like to use the newer Iptables, but on stable Debian, I have to use
1.1.2; well, I don't have to, but installing the newer version of
Iptables need something more than "apt-get install iptables." Please
help.

TIA,
Oki