Re: Running X apps in Windows

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 11:01:49AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Sat, May 19, 2001 at 06:43:11PM +1000, Damon Muller (dm-debian-user@empire.net.au) wrote:
> > Quoth Joel Mayes,
> >
> > > G'day Jonathan,
> > >
> > > You might look at LINE, a program that attempts to be for windows what WINE
> > > is for Linux, it's still in Alpha development.
> > >
> > > http://line.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > Try WeirdX
> >
> > http://www.jcraft.com/weirdx/
> >
> > It's a free X implementation in Java which runs on Windows.
>
> Interesting.  How's performance?
>
> --
> Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>    http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
>  What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?       There is no K5 cabal
>   http://gestalt-system.sourceforge.net/         http://www.kuro5hin.org
G'day Karsten,

To be honest I couldn't say as I don't have windows on by box, I just spotted
this program at /. where it was the subject of sum debate, there web page has
some screen shots showing a windows box runing 2 or 3 X apps simultanency,
thing like Ghostscript, bash and I think The Gimp.
You probably take a bit of a performance hit, but new computers are
 over powered anyway,

Cheers
Joel
--
No, Gates always knew the Internet was going to be important,
just as Oceania has always been at war with East Asia. ;)