Re: Problems moving to Woody

> 99% [Scanning packages]Template parse error near "" at
/usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Template.pm line 60, <TEMPLATES> check 3.
> E: Sub-process /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt returned an error
code (29)
> E: Failure running script /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt
>
> I do not know what to do now.

Just a guess...
I've seen similar messages with dpkg-preconfigure before in Woody
before, but I've always managed work around them. You have to figure out
which program causing dependency problems, purge it, and then reinstall
it. Since I was using Storm Linux before, with Ximian programs, I had my
share of purging out old packages before replacing the new ones until I
have a "pure debian" system running woody.

Have you tried:
apt-get -f install
??
You might get a message on dependency problems, and then will have an
idea what to remove.
Also, if a program isn't working quite right, you can try
apt-get install --reinstall programname
Of course, since you are upgrading a whole bunch of programs, you have
to figure out which are causing the problem

You might also want to try
dpkg -l | grep ximian
dpkg -l | grep helix
and then purge out those programs, replacing them when you are up and
running woody again.
Good luck,
Glen