Dummy Soundcard

Well still hardworking on a 'text to speech synthesis' project. Amazing how
much tools there are to do the trick! :)

So I dedicated my debian server to test with "Festval"
The server does not have a Soundcard.
When trying Festival I got the Error "ESD: error writing - Bad file
descriptor", searching on the web gave me a mail archive with the same
question.... unanswered. :(

More searching gave me the idea that I need ALSA driver to enable a dummy
soundcard. So Festival would execute and so I can output to a (.wav)
soundfile, which is the only thing I want to do :)

When running "Alsaconf" and installing the dummy drive...nothing really
changed ( same error with Festival) But I need the Dummy for letting
Festival thing it is outputting...If that's working I can finally record to
.wav files.

Am I on the right way? Or sounds (lol) this like bull ;-)

Greetzz kleinejan

K I L L Y O U R D A R L I N G S . N L
2e goudsbloemdwarsstraat 21
1015 JX AMSTERDAM