Re: Installing Debian over LAN

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 06:01:08PM +0200, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to install Debian on another Computer in my LAN. It will be only the
> Base and few additional packages. I have hreared from an APT "PROXY"
> envairement variable with it i can install over my net with a transparent
> Proxy? Is that true? If yes, what is the correct variable? Is there a better
> way to do this? I wont download every deb by myself and i wont use a cd...

    I believe that there is, but I think it's easier if you make your existing
box a gateway for the one you're installing to. Then you can access the Debian
ftp servers transparently. You'll need to play with ipchains/iptables
(2.2/2.4) on the gateway box to set up the forwarding though.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a