Re: for i in *

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 01:59:18AM +0200, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
| D-Man wrote:

| > Check the archives for python-list@python.org (aka comp.lang.python).
| > Tim Peters (and others) routinely close their posts with a long
| > sentence using dashes instead of spaces.
| >
| > :-)
| >
| > its-not-like-My Documents-is-a-good-name-for-your-documents-ly yr's -D
|
| Okay, I concede.  :)

:-)

(BTW,  they don't write the message like that, just the closing)

| What the "ly yr's -D" standing for.  Is -D a smiley?  Maybe, "laughing
| big with eyes shut?"  Hmm, I would make that |-D or maybe >D.

The '-D' is how I always close my messages (a dash followed by my
first initial).

The -ly y'rs (oops, I typed dyslexically in the previous message)
always follows the humorous statement.  Similar to the common closings
"sincerely yours" or "truly yours", but with the 'sincere' or 'tru'
replaced with the humor and the 'ou' ommited from the "yours".

-D