Re: for i in *

Martin Fluch wrote:

> > Of course, some people argue, that spaces in filenames is a Bad
> > Thing(tm), but I fail to see why.
>
> Could exactly this be the reason, why spaces in filenames are considered
> as a bad thing, since they easily lead into trouble?

But, this trouble is easily avoided with double quotes and on the flip
side, spaces make things much more readable.
IMeanIt'SNotLikeWeDon'tUseSpacesInNormalWriting.
And-I-have-yet-to-see-somebody-who-replaces-all-spaces-with-dashes-or-dots.
See.what.I.mean?

Also, along with bash's tab completion or GUI file managers, spaces
don't cause me any trouble.

Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld