Re: A philosophical one

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 01:35:23PM +0000, Victor wrote:
> What's the relation(ship) between the list debian-user@lists.debian.org and the newsgroup linux.debian.user?
> I mean messages posted to the latter are shown also in the former or not?
> How about the fact that in this list you are compelled to subscribe while in
> the newsgroup no?
>

> --

G'day Victor,

Debian-User, appears to be mirrored at linux.debian.user, this is good for
people wanting to post 1 time questions, with out the 100+ messages a day
you get from the full list,

I don't see any point in your second sentence though, you don't subscribe to
Usenet, in the sense that messages are only sent to you when you request them,
not on a regular basis.

Cheers

Joel
--
No, Gates always knew the Internet was going to be important,
just as Oceania has always been at war with East Asia. ;)