Re: apache doubt

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 05:11:01PM +0600, V.Suresh wrote:
>  Just wanted to try apache. Installed it. When I try to access
>  my server thru lynx localhost, it says " you dont have permissions
>  to access <the file> in this server". How do I enable permissions?
>  Note that I have no experience in running servers. Just  experimenting.

    Check the permissions on the file. httpd usually runs as user "nobody", so
you need to have read permission set.

Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a
good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be
dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead." -- RFC 1925