vpn

Hello.
I've set up a pptp VPN using poptop. VPN server is in out campus network, and everything works fine
if I'm connecting to server from machine _in_ our campus network. However, if i try to connect from
my home machine which is outside the campus, I can't connect. pptpd gives following lines in log:

May 17 19:32:50 haitari pptpd[674]: CTRL: Client 212.246.205.167 control connection started
May 17 19:32:50 haitari pptpd[674]: CTRL: Starting call (launching pppd, opening GRE)
May 17 19:33:20 haitari pptpd[674]: CTRL: Error with select(), quitting
May 17 19:33:20 haitari pptpd[674]: CTRL: Client 212.246.205.167 control connection finished

My guess is that some firewall is stopping either control connection or GRE connection. And one
important thing: I'm trying to connect from windows machine ( shame me :) ). I've tried to forward
control connection with ssh, but it seems like windows' vpn client doesn't let me to do this. If I
try forwarding, no packets at all leave my machine (checked with EtherPeek). Any suggestions? Maybe
there is an alternative vpn client for windows, which would let me to do forwarding? And is it
possible to forward GRE connection?

--
Petteri Heinonen
email:	h157056@cs.tut.fi