Re: potato or woody?

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 02:45:35PM +0200, Stefano wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm going to install debian gnu/linux on a new computer and I'm wondering
> if woody is stable enough. What would you suggest me: potato or woody?
>
> The system is a PC workstation used for statistical analysis and
> "office-like" activity (and a bit of C++ programming too).

Woody should be fine for this..  tbh the question you ask only has a
very general answer.. any version is made up of many packages, and
stability will depend on which you use.. I've been running woody for a
few months now without a single failure.. but if you happened to use
some packages I dont (eg kde, gnome or whatever) that might not be
true for you.. but in general for the uses you mention I doubt you
would have any problems