Re: apt-get offline

Hello,

Am Dienstag, den 15. Mai 2001 12:28:12 schrieb Joerg Johannes:

> I use apt-get as described in the offline.html guide meaning: I build a
> wget script from the output of apt-get -qq --print-uris and so on.

Have you looked at the apt-zip-package?

> The problem is, there are two other systems involved in this
> process: one sun solaris machine, which I use to run wget on it, and
> a WinNT4 machine to get the downloaded files via ftp to a zip disk
> (I know this is ridiculous, but it's the only possibility for me,
> because the sun one has no zip, the NT one has no wget...)  Well,
> the problem is, that some packages are named
> packagexxx-1%3a-yyy.deb. Now, either solaris or NT has a problem
> with the "%"-sign.

Solaris has no problem.

> I have to manually edit the wget-script so that I replace every % by
> xxxxx, downlöoad the whole stuff, and then rename the single
> packages from xxxxx back to %. This is a rather annoying procedure,
> for dist-upgrades from unstable to unstable tend to change lots of
> packages.

Have you thought of tar-ing the files on Solaris and save the tar-file
on zip, so the inferior OS wouldn't see the files?

	MfG
	bmg

--
"Des is völlig wurscht, was heut beschlos- | M G Berberich
 sen wird: I bin sowieso dagegn!"          | berberic@fmi.uni-passau.de