cups: The requested resource was not found on this server

  the cups was working just a minute ago and I was able to print using
lp filename

  I checked the default samba command and tried if it works:

  lpr -r -P%p %s (I used epson740 instead of %p and filename instead of
%s)

  it didn't print because of printer error (paper jam).

  from then on (not sure if there's any causality there, I also upgraded
system at the same time) the printers do not work:

jojda:/home/erik# lp rrr
lp: unable to print file: The requested resource was not found on this
server.

jojda:/home/erik# lpq
epson740 is ready
no entries

  it doesn't even get to queue...

  I haven't found anything suspicious (or even related) in syslog or
cups logs... any ideas?

  I tried enable/disable printers (no error messages from therese),
restarting of cups (no error messages)

  nothing helps. any ideas?

  haven't found anything related on the web... but I have found out
there is a huge number of OLD bugs (more or less serious) files against
cupsys package. anybody knows the story? is it going to orphaned or
something? I thought it's on the way to become primary printing system.
it certainly was easy to set up and it _was_ working nicely. when it was
working. now the web interface doesn't work anymore (plus there are
other problems).

  TIA

	erik