Re: various selection/clipboard mechanisms in X

  this works with most application (I guess you already know it):

  drag left mouse button to select
  click middle mouse button to copy the selected text to focused window
(field)

  here comes the saviour:

  when it does not work, notably with staroffice, use xcutsel, try to
select, click one of the buttons in xcutsel, try to copy ... it usually
works with one button (there are only two buttons in xcutsel) or another
(depending if you copy from or to staroffice or other non-standard
program)

  this is not much of an explanation but it might help you anyway, I was
able to copy almost everything so far (don't remeber anything I couldn't
copy), it helps a lot if you use X servers under ms windows... or use
vnc... etc...

	erik