Re: [: Re: dual NICs]

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 11:22:06PM +0100, Matthew Sackman wrote:

> Um I'm getting slightly confused here: what I need is one card which has two
> or more independant eth ports on it which can be assigned seperate IPs. I.e.
> not IP aliasing - each eth port has only one IP address, but each eth port
> must appear to linux as a seperate eth port, appearing in effect as if I have
> 4x single eth NICs in the box.
>
> Is this possible with, say, 2 of the Intel Dual Port Server NICs?

If the chipset is supported, you should be able to use them. The card will
probably be assigned eth0 and eth1.

Check http://www.scyld.com/network/index.html#pci to see if the chipset is
listed with any notes.

-B

--
Brandon High                                     armitage@freaks.com
Just think: in a few million years, Barney will be motor oil.