Re: woody

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 06:21:50PM -0500, Karshi Hasanov wrote:

>  I want to install 'woody' but don't know where to start. Is there the
> ISO image
> of woody avaible ? If not , then what other method you would recommend
> me to use.
>  I've tried the potato 2.2r2, but it does not support my video card
> (Voodoo5).

if you still have potato install edit your /etc/apt/sources.list and replace
stable (or potato) with testing (or woody). then do an apt-get update
followed by an apt-get dist-upgrade and you have woody.

it seems you're new to debian so i sugest you stick to potato but add some
unoffical sources for kernel 2.4 and xfree 4 so you grafic card will work.
this offers you the advantage of a stable system.

unofficial sources:
# Kernel 2.4
deb http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main

# XFree 4 (requires kernel 2.4)
deb http://people.debian.org/~cpbotha/ xf402_potato/i386/

yours martin
--
GnuPG 1024D/3E8DCCC0 30DC 1D28 1D79 32F5 5E67  3ABB 28EE B35A 3E8D CCC0
   work: factline Krisper Fabro Harnoncourt OEG (www.factline.com)