Re: Install from single floppy

Hmm after losts of digging and squinting at web pages written in Japanese (which I dont understand at all) it seems to come down to this.

1. The Debian boot disk kernels wont read the floppy after the first disk.

2. Hence you must install from somewhere else.

3. Options are Zipdisk or DOS partition.

I am going with the DOS partition option. I have installed FreeDos in
a little 50 mb partition and that works OK. Now I have to get the
reuired Debian files on there (loadlin kernel etc) and it looks like
the best way to do this is via NFS over PLIP by booting the Libretto
off a tomsrbt rescue disk and NFS mounting my other laptop over PLIP !

So I am off to buy a parralel null cable on the way home !

I will report back hopefully tommorow on my progress.

Pat