Install from single floppy

Hi

I have just aquired a Toshiba Libretto 70CT onto which I want to
intsall 2.2.r3 and wipe out the nasty corrupted Win98 that is
currently on the hard drive. Unfortunately this cute little thing has
a strange PCMCIA floppy and the install barfs loading the root disk
(basically it cannot see the floppy drive).

There is all sorts of info on installing RedHat on one of these using
zip drives etc (which I dont have) but I was wondering is there a way
to fo a network install using a PCMCIA card or perhaps PLIP that would
use only a single 1.44Mb floppy to kick it off ?

As an alternate method are there any instructions for creating custom
install disks so I could build a kernel that suppoprted this weird floppy
device ?

Thanks

Pat