Half installed package

I've tried to install kde2 via dpkg from a CD found in a linux magazine, but something went wrong (many dependency problems)and all the packages were unconfigured. So I've deinstalled everything with "dpkg -purge *.deb".

Using dselect I now find that one of the package I wanted to eliminate (slapd) is still there as "I**", that is "half installed" - "remove" - "remove" and prevents dselect to work. In fact, when I try to install something else via dselect, it stops with a 100 exitus on slapd package and don't go ahead anymore.

How can I fix this problem?
Vittorio

messaggio inviato con Freemail by superEva
http://www.supereva.it