Re: apt-get testing Failure running dpkg-preconfigure

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

> Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> > today I tried to dist-upgrade to testing, but got this error:
> >
> > Fetched 256MB in 1h37m23s (43.8kB/s)
> > 98% [Scanning packages]Template parse error near "" at /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Template.pm line 102, <TEMPLATES> chunk 3.
> > E: Sub-process /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt returned an error code (29)
> > E: Failure running script /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt
> >
> > What's wrong?
>
> Some package is broken, unfortunatly the old version of debconf you are
> running does not say which one. If you upgrade debconf first, then run
> this dist-upgrade again, you should get a much better error message,
> which will point to the broken package.

I will try. But I was surprised that dist-upgrade will not upgrade to
Xfree 4. Is this the intended behavior? Is there a task-package to
upgrade from 3.3.6 to 4.0.3?

Ciao!
juh
--
kaum hat man sich an die langenunterhosen gewoehnt,
hoppeln die schokohasen durch die kaufhaeuser.