Re: 3c509B driver, trouble configuring

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 12:21:42PM -0600, Stefan Srdic wrote:
> Mithras wrote:
>
> > : /lib/modules/2.2.17/net/3c509.o: invalid parameter parm_io
>
> That error reports that the I/O parameter used is invalid. Your base address for
> your card should read 0x210.
>
> Test this by directly using the insmod command:
>
> insmod 3c509 io=0x210 irq=11
>
> If you see something like " Using /lib/modules/2.2.17/net/3c509.o"
>
> You can also pass a few extra module parameters, check out the link below for
> more information. Also read the module source, sometimes it can contain a few
> extra settings as well :-D
>

> http://www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html
>
> Stef

Also see http://www.scyld.com/network/3c509.html which tells us

Only the IRQ and transceiver setting may be overridden when using
the driver as a module. Setting two cards to 10base2/IRQ10 and
AUI/IRQ11 is done by using the xcvr and irq module options:

  options 3c509 xcvr=3,3 irq=10,11

i.e. the option io *is not* available when the code is loaded as a
module - hence the error. You may have to play with the values for
xcvr - I think I got by with xcvr=3 irq=10 (but try xcvr=0 if this
doesn't work).

Bob
--
He who has the courage to laugh is almost as much a master of the world
as he who is ready to die.