Re: galeon crashes when running as user

On 15 May 2001 21:04:07 CEST, Thomas Hess said:

> hi,
>
>  I have some trouble with galeon, when I run it as user it crashes with a
>  Segmentation-fault before showing the browser-window, started as root it
>  works fine.
>  It seems like I need to set some permissions for my user-account. I gave
>  rw-permissions for user recursiv for /usr/lib/mozilla and
>  /usr/share/galeon, but no effect.
>  Has anyone of you experienced the same error, or any idea what may be the
>  problem?

some more details to the problem:
- skipstone loads as user and root but can't load any page
- nautilus-mozilla crashes with the same gnome-error-dialog as galeon
(running as user, not tried as root)
- mozilla standalone is working fine (but as slow at it is)
- this are the packages i've installed:
> dpkg -l | grep -i mozilla
ii  galeon	   0.10.4	  Mozilla-based web browser with the GNOME
loo
ii  mozilla	   0.9-0.0.3	  An Open Source WWW browser for X and
GTK+
ii  mozilla-dev    0.9-0.0.3	  Header files for Mozilla development
ii  nautilus-mozil 1.0.3-2.1	  Nautilus component for use with Mozilla
ii  skipstone	   0.7-2	  Web Browser based on mozilla's embed
compone

thomas

--
Thomas Hess mailto:thomas_h.@gmx.li