Re: XFree4.0.2, Matrox G400, & Kernel2.4.4

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 11:18:43AM -0400, Austin Jones wrote:
> Help!
>
>   I'm running Debian potato on a PIII-800EB w/ Tyan Tiger Motherboard.
>
>   I have the dual head Matrox G400 card connected to a ViewSonic (monitor 1)
> and Komodo (monitor 2) and I cannot get a signal to the
> second monitor.  During the boot sequence I would expect to get some
> indication that the monitor was operational, but the screen remained blank.
>
> The monitor does indicate that the video is connected, the monitor is OK,
> and there is NO SIGNAL.
>
>  (BTW, I tested the monitor beforehand and it works fine).
>
> I started X-Windows and still I got a blank screen on my second monitor.
>
> Has anyone encountered this?

It's not supposed to get a signal by default.  You have to edit your
XF86Config file for dualhead to function.  Matrox documents this in
<SHOCK> the same place they keep their linux drivers, see
ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/linux/2001/beta_1_2_0/readme.txt