XFree4.0.2, Matrox G400, & Kernel2.4.4

Help!

  I'm running Debian potato on a PIII-800EB w/ Tyan Tiger Motherboard.

  I have the dual head Matrox G400 card connected to a ViewSonic (monitor 1)
and Komodo (monitor 2) and I cannot get a signal to the
second monitor.  During the boot sequence I would expect to get some
indication that the monitor was operational, but the screen remained blank.

The monitor does indicate that the video is connected, the monitor is OK,
and there is NO SIGNAL.

 (BTW, I tested the monitor beforehand and it works fine).

I started X-Windows and still I got a blank screen on my second monitor.

Has anyone encountered this?

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks.