Re: Copying one hard drive to another - links

hi ya dan

i dont use hardlinks.. ( creates portability problems )

have fun
alvin

-- note that x.h is dereferenced back to /home/alvin/...
   which i think is bad but... thats a good reason NOT to
   use hardlinks ( ... just me ... )

-- x.s is what i want... create it relative and keep it relative

Maggie:/tmp/test# ln -s ./pinerc023592 x.s
Maggie:/tmp/test# ln  ./pinerc023592 x.h
Maggie:/tmp/test# ls -la
total 2
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         1024 May 14 20:11 ./
drwxrwxrwt   4 root     root         1024 May 14 20:08 ../
lrwxrwxrwx   2 root     root           24 May 14 20:08 pinerc023592 ->
/home/alvin/pinerc023592
lrwxrwxrwx   2 root     root           24 May 14 20:08 x.h ->
/home/alvin/pinerc023592
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           14 May 14 20:11 x.s ->
./pinerc023592

*poof* to /tmp/test