Re: GRUB

That definitely does not look right.  Look at the 'root' lines in your
grub config (quoted below).  According to that, windows and Linux have
the same root.  On my dual boot system, windows has 'root (hd0,0)' while
Linux has 'root (hd0,1)', meaning that Linux is on the second partition
(hda2) and windows is on the first (hda1).

HTH,
noah