Re: IP Alias

Michael Goodman was said to been seen saying:
> How do you assigned an IP Alias to a nic card at boot?  I tried adding it to /etc/network/interfaces but it doesn't work.  Thanks.

	Have you tried the following? It works fine on my gateway machine
that has eth0 and eth0:1 - eth0:4 configured in this manner:

auto eth0:1
iface eth0:1 inet static
	address 192.168.0.1
	netmask 255.255.255.0

	Just duplicate the manner above and leave your eth0 interface config as
you have it as the aliases will grab your broadcast and gateway from it.

	Respectfully,
	Jeremy T. Bouse

--
|Jeremy T. Bouse, CCNA - UnderGrid Network Services, LLC -  www.UnderGrid.net |