Re: X setup, continued.

> You can also switch between resolutions using Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Plus and
> Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Minus.

Is there some similar way to change the color depth (with
some keyboard shortcuts), or the only way is to kill the
server an then restart it in the desired color depth?

And another question, is the color depth related somehow to
the monitor/videocard frequencies? I am asking this because
in 8 bit color my monitor can produce 800x600 and 100Hz but
in 16 bit color with the same resolution it can produce only
some 86Hz.

--
AtiZ <neman@mad.hu>