Printing with the Gimp

I've installed the Gimp 1.1 under debian 2.2r3 and set my printer up by means
of magicfilter.

Now, I'm at a loss for printing with Gimp. When I ask Gimp to print, it shows
a menu in which the buttons "File*" and "setup" are present. Because I don't
want to print to a file I choose setup and I'm presented with a "postscrit2"
or my printer. Then Gimp asks me the PPD (????) file............

Taking into account my venerable age (51) and the fact that I'm an absolute
beginner with the Gimp could you please tell me STEP BY STEP how can I print
with the Gimp?

Ciao
Vittorio