[no subject]

Hello,

I was reading an article in Linux Journal on booting with GRUB. It looked
very interesting and I thought:
"Why not give it a try"
There is one feature in GRUB that I like, that is, you can browse with your
arrow keys to select the OS you
want to boot. I don't think this exists in LILO.

The problem is this.
In the article they mention that it is possible to boot an OS installed
after the 8 GB limit, provided that the BIOS
handles LBA mode. I have a large HD of 30GB on which two OS recide, i.e.
Win98 (the first 10GB) and linux (debian - potata) (the rest of the HD). I
am not sure if my BIOS supports LBA but I think so. Now I am using "lilo -L"
for multibooting and that
works.

Using GRUB, I have a problem. When I install GRUB in the MBR I get the error
message Geom error.
looking in the GRUB manual. This error means that stage 2 of GRUB can not be
found. Possible reason for this is
that you changed something with the addressing mode of the HD.

I am using GRUB version 0.5.93.???, is it perhaps possible that this version
of GRUB does not support large drives?
Should I instead use GRUB version 0.5.96.1 as mentioned in the article?

Greetings,

Stefan.